Saturday 19 February 2011

A Day of Spraying

So today I walked about 2 miles to get some spray paint so I could get some colours on my bottles. Seeing as i had 2 white bottles, they both needed to be coloured. I decided on black and orange as these are the two main colours for Tango. I wasn't too bothered about the cost because Liam would be using some too.

While I was at it, I decided I would spray the snowboard helmet I bought from Olli. It was brown to begin with; definitely not my colour so I decided to change it to purple like the rest of my snow gear.

Over all, with three colours, a primer and a clear laquer, it came to £16.95, not a bad price at all.

The primer was silver. I thought this would give a shine to the top colours but just didn't look right si I made sure they were opaque.
I really like the way the colours have come out. They have a great gloss on them like they would do if they were made properly. The range of colour works well too.
For the tops, I just forced the coloured ones on. They stay pretty well. the clear on is stuck on. This gives the models a very realistic touch.
The array of spray paint I bought.
Hopefully by Monday I will get the labels design propery and stuck on so I can photo them for my portfolio and design boards for the project. I'm actually starting to think I may enter the external competition as i seem to be very on top of all of my work for my uni hand in.

As well as spraying my bottles, I sprayed my helmet up to my favorite colour.

First of all I made sure I had a good Primer layer before adding the colour

With only a couple of coats the silver really shone through and looked a little 'sparkly' but after about 5 layers of purple it was a really good colour. I added a few clear coats after to make sure it was just that little bit tougher against scratches and the like.
So that was my productive Saturday, and later it will be a good old chinese take-away.

Then tomorrow I am going to Manchester for some kind or textile fair with Hannah which should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment